Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Sweet Potato Snackers
Serves: 8 slices
- 1 large round yam, sliced ¼ – ½ inch slices
- 3-4 tablespoons melted ghee
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 ounces goat cheese*
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- ¼ – ½ cup walnuts
- ¼ – ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3-4 tablespoons melted raw honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice sweet potatoes and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Use a basting brush to brush each side of sweet potato with melted ghee. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Place in oven to bake for 30-35 minutes, until bottoms are golden brown and sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Place goat cheese in a bowl and mixed with fresh thyme until combined.
- Use a spoon to place about 1-2 teaspoons worth of goat cheese* on top of the sweet potato then sprinkle with walnuts and Steve’s cranberries on top.
- Lastly, drizzle honey on top of the little snackers.
- Serve immediately!
*For dairy free option, try using Kite Hill Almond Milk Cream Cheese
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com