Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 20 large button mushrooms;
- 1 lb. sausages, casings removed;
- 1 onion, thinly chopped;
- ½ bell pepper, thinly chopped;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- 2/3 cup almond meal;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, minced;
- 2 tbsp. olive oil;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 325 F.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Chop the removed stems finely and set aside.
- Toss the mushroom caps in a bowl with the olive oil, and set aside.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium heat.
- Add the sausages to the skillet and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, while breaking them apart into tiny pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped mushroom stems, onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the sausages, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the almond meal and stir until well combined with the other ingredients. Remove from the heat.
- Add the parsley; give it a good stir, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of the sausage mixture.
- Line all the stuffed mushrooms on a baking sheet, and place in the oven.
- Cook for about 40 minutes or until the stuffing is browned and crusty.
- Remove from the oven and serve while warm.
Recipe Courtesy of paleoleap.com