Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Raw Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars
For the crust
- ⅓ cup raw almonds
- 1 cup coconut butter (also known as coconut cream concentrate and creamed coconut)
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
For the cheesecake layer
- 1.5 cups roasted, unsalted cashews (soaked in water for 8+ hours)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-4 tablespoon canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ – 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place cashews in a jar, cover with water and let soak for 7+ hours until completely soft. Then drain before using.
- Start with the crust – place almonds in a food processor and pulse until almonds become a chunky flour. Then add coconut butter, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt and puree until combined
- Line a bread pan (5×9 or smaller) with parchment paper and add crust mixture. To press down the crust in the pan, I found the best way was to fold over the excess pieces of parchment paper and press down with hands. It smoothes out that way and keeps your hands from sticking to it. Press down evenly throughout pan.
- Wipe food processor bowl out with a paper towel.
- Add cashews to the food processor and blend until you begin to get a clumpy mess.
- Then add melted coconut oil, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract and honey and puree until well combined.
- And lastly, add coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time to break down the cashews completely. I used about 3 tablespoons for mine until the cashews became this soupy paste.
- Lastly, remove blade and add chocolate chips and fold into cheesecake layer.
- Pour cheesecake layer on top of crust layer, smooth out, then sprinkle with a few more chocolate chips.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes until the cheesecake has set. Use sides of parchment paper to remove the cheesecake from the pan then use a sharp knife to cu
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com