■5 Lb bone in pork shoulder
■1/8 Cup Brandy (use a sweet brandy if you prefer)
■2 Tsp Sweet Paprika
■2 Tsp Sea Salt
■1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
■1 Tsp Ginger
■1 Tsp Nutmeg
■1/2 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
■1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard
■1/2 Tsp Onion Powder
■1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
■1 Tsp Tony Chachere’s Cajun seasoning
1. Mix all of the above ingredients except the pork shoulder and brandy in a small mixing bowl, mix it all well making your spice rub
2. Massage the spice rub all over the meat and in the crevices
3. Wrap tightly in a double wrap of plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours at least. If you can leave it in the fridge overnight and then throw it in the Crockpot before you leave for work. You can refrigerate this for up to 3 days before cooking.
4. Unwrap the roast and place it in your crock pot, add 1/8 Cup of Brandy and 1/8 Cup of Water. Turn your crock pot on low and cook for 8-10 hours until the meat is fork-tender .
5. Transfer your roast to a cutting board and discard all the liquid in your crock pot.
6. Pull the meat apart by tearing the meat into thin shreds with two forks or your fingers.
7. Place all the shredded meat back in the crock pot and toss with a full batch of the Raspberry BBQ Sauce (below).
Raspberry BBQ Sauce
■ Coconut oil
■ 1 White onion, minced
■ 1 Jalapeno, minced seeds and all
■ 1/2 Cup homemade ketchup(recipe below)
■ 2 Tbsp Raw Organic Honey Melted
■ 1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard
■ 1/2 Tsp Cayenne
■ 4 Cups Frozen Raspberries
1. Heat some coconut oil in a nonstick Sauce pan over medium heat and add onion and jalapeno and saute until the onions are glossy.
2. Add the ketchup, honey, mustard, and cayenne and heat until the mixture simmers.
3. Add your frozen raspberries and simmer for about 15 minutes until everything is combined.
4. Let Cool and place in a blender, blend until smooth.
■ 12 Ounces Tomato Sauce
■ 6 Ounces Tomato Paste
■ 2 Tsp Apple cider vinegar
■ 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
■1 Tsp Mustard Powder
■1/4 Tsp Allspice
■Pinch of Cloves
1. In a saucepan, add all the above ingredients and stir by hand
2. Place on a burner set to low and let simmer for 20 minutes stirring every couple minutes (taste to ensure it is to your liking-adjust your spices as necessary)
3.After simmered, let it cool and transfer to a container and store in your fridge
4.It will last for about a week and this blows any store bought Ketchup out of the water.