Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Pork Stuffed Mushrooms
1 dozen large button mushrooms
1/2 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1″ piece of fresh ginger, minced (or 1 tsp dried ground ginger)
Fat of choice
2 tbsp almond flour
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz (0.25 kg) lean ground pork
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (175C).
2. Clean mushrooms, and remove the stems. You may want to scoop out the gills to create more space for the filling. Chop the stems.
3. Prep the rest of the veggies: dice the onion, mince the garlic and ginger and chop the cilantro.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, add fat of choice and then sauté the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds. Add the onion and diced mushroom stems and cook until softened.
5. Remove from the heat, put into a large bowl and let cool. Add almond flour, cilantro, salt, pepper and ground pork. Stir to combine.
6. Arrange the mushroom caps on a foil-lined sheet. Make small balls out of the pork mixture and place into each cap.
7. Bake for 20 minutes. If desired, add sliced goat cheese on top and return to the oven for 5 more minutes to melt it.
Recipe Courtesy of stupideasypaleo.com