Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Pesto Chicken and Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
- 4 tablespoons melted ghee, butter or coconut oil, divided
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 3 tablespoons homemade pesto
- 10 eggs, whisked
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 2 tablespoons of ghee. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until soft then turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees.
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat, add 2 more tablespoons of ghee along with onion and garlic. Cook until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook for about 10 minutes, then lastly add pesto and mix well until combine.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish, add the mixture from the pan to the baking dish then add in eggs and salt along with the sweet potatoes. Mix well until combine.
- Place in oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, until eggs are set in the middle and cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com