Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Mini Chocolate Waffles
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 TBS ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 3 TBS real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ghee or coconut oil for waffle iron
- fresh berries
- maple syrup
- the perfect chocolate sauce
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Sift together coconut flour, cacao, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand blender, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, fat of choice, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined and foamy, about 20-30 seconds.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and blend together again.
- Liberally brush waffle iron with ghee or coconut oil. Drop spoonfuls (about 1 TBS) of batter randomly onto waffle iron, being sure that the edges of each mini waffle do not touch. I can fit 4 separate mini waffle plops onto my waffle iron.
- Cook until nice and crisp. Repeat until all the batter is gone. Top with fresh berries, maple syrup, or try my perfect chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
Makes 20 mini waffles
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com