May 06, 2014
almond flour, chocolate chips, cinnamon, coconut flour, ginger, maple sugar, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, salt
Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Gingerbread Snap Pumpkin Butter Cookie Sandwiches
For the cookies:
- 2½ cups (250 grams) almond flour, plus more for the work surface
- ¼ cup (30 grams) coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup (50 grams) coconut oil, melted
- 4 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, whisked
For the pumpkin butter:
- 2 cups (200 grams) raw pecans
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup (100 grams) Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in large mixing bowl. Whisk together to evenly distribute the ingredients. Add the coconut oil, maple sugar, vanilla, and eggs and beat or mix until a dough has formed.
- Dust work surface with almond flour and lay the dough out, pressing it down until it is about ½ inch (12 mm) thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles. No cookie cutter? Use a lid to a spice jar or small mason jar. This should create around 40 small cookies.
- Place about 20 of the cookies on the prepared baking sheet, about ½ inch (12 mm) apart and bake for 5 minutes. Immediately remove the cookies and place on a rack to cool. Repeat with another batch of 20 cookies.
- While the cookies cool, make the pumpkin butter. Place the pecans in a food processor and puree until smooth. Then add pumpkin puree and maple syrup and puree until well combined.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over medium-low heat.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Spread about 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin butter onto a cookie and top it off with another cookie. Then use a spoon to drizzle a bit of chocolate over each cookie sandwich. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. These will keep for about 3 to 4 days.
*Make 20 cookie sandwiches
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com