Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Cumin-Roasted Carrots
1 pound fresh carrots (about 10)
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 fresh lemon (optional)
a few leaves of fresh parsley and mint, minced, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and peel the carrots, then cut them lengthwise into thin strips, about 1/4-inch wide. Toss them into a large bowl.
3. With a fork, mix the cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a small microwave-safe bowl. Add the coconut oil and microwave until melted, about 15-20 seconds.
4. Pour the seasoned coconut oil over the carrots and toss with two wooden spoons until the carrots are evenly coated. Adjust the seasonings to your taste if necessary.
5. Spread the carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes, until tender and slightly browned. Remove from the oven and squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the top. Sprinkle with the chopped herbs.
Serves 2-4 | Prep 5 min | Cook 20 min
Sodium 0 mg
Total Fat 5 g
Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 1 g
Total Carbs 12 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g
Dietary Fiber 4 g
Monounsaturated 0 g
Sugars 6 g
Trans 0 g
Protein 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%