Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Coconut Lime Jalapeño Marinated Chicken Salad
For the marinade
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 (14 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 jalapeños, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
For the salad
- 6-8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- dressing of choice – I used Tessemae’s Zesty Ranch
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and place in ziploc bag and into the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- Heat up grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Pull chicken out of marinade, salt chicken on both sides with just a pinch of salt, and place onto pan to cook for 8-10 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Cook until no pink remains or the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Halfway through the cooking process for the chicken, pull the diced jalapeños out of the marinade and place on grill to cook on both sides for about 3-5 minutes.
- While the chicken cooks, get the salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked through, let rest for a couple minutes then slice and serve with salad ingredients and top with grilled jalapeños.
Recipe courtesy of paleomg.com