Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Coconut Cinnamon Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the shredded coconut and sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, egg and coconut oil and pulse until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and cover with a second piece of parchment paper.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the mixture to 1/4-inch thick. Remove and discard top piece of parchment paper.
- With a wet knife, score the mixture into 1-inch squares.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let sit in the pan for 15 minutes to allow the cereal to become crisp.
- Gently break or use a knife to cut the cereal into 1-inch pieces.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Recipe courtesy of civilizedcavemancooking.com