August 05, 2014
Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Cherry Mustard Pork Chops
- 2 bone-in pork chops (mine were thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or melted coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil, etc.)
- 1½ cup pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Heat up grill to medium heat.
- Place pork chops on a plate and use a brush to wipe on olive oil on both sides then sprinkle with salt and parsley. Set aside.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat on stove top and add butter, cherries, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and maple syrup. Mix to incorporate.
- Let the sauce begin to bubble, stirring frequently to make sure it doesn’t burn on the bottom.
- Turn heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 3-5 minutes until cherries are soft.
- Remove from heat, pour half of the sauce into a bowl, leave the rest in the pan.
- Use a brush, glaze one side of the pork chop then place that glazed side down onto the grill.
- Then glaze the other side, cover grill and let cook for 5-7 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the pork chop.
- Once the pork chops are done cooking on both sides, add pork chops to a plate and top with the leftover cherry sauce.
Recipe Courtesy of paleomg.com