Angie’s Recipe of the Day: Almond and Coconut Macaroons Recipe
SERVES: 4 PREP: 15 min. COOK: 12 min.
- 2 egg whites;
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut;
- ¼ cup raw honey;
- ½ cup whole almonds, chopped into tiny pieces;
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract;
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey and the egg whites.
- Add the almonds, shredded coconut, and vanilla to the bowl, and mix everything together.
- Form the dough into individual macaroons. Drop each cookie onto the prepared sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake the macaroons until the bottoms are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of paleoleap.com